An Exclusive Matakana Coast Retreat!
One of the most spectacular views in NZ stretches out across the entire Hauraki Gulf in front of this exclusive property; set on a private estate with ancient Kauri forest alongside.
• Designed by renowned architect Rewi Thompson, the home is cleverly separated into 3 distinct areas for maximum flexibility in living arrangements.
• Original barn-style main wing features cathedral-like lounge / library space with gorgeous American oak floor, decks on 2 sides & enormous windows framing the views.
• Luxurious loft-style masters' suite contains spacious bedroom, walk-in wardrobe, sumptuous ensuite & office.
• Below the formal lounge, a rustic wine cellar / tasting room opens out through barn doors to the pool area.
• A 2nd bedroom & bathroom are handily placed near the main entrance of this wing.
• The hub of the home is the farmhouse sized gourmet kitchen that boasts an expanse of stone benches & quality fittings.
• Alongside, a sprawling open plan family room & dining area with breakfast deck & superb views.
• Children or guests have their own wing, with another lounge, 2 huge bedrooms & another sumptuous bathroom.
• A wind turbine supplements the electrical supply, while under-floor heating under tiled areas, plus wood fire & gas fire provide ample warmth.
• Superb pool with self-contained, transportable pool house & sheltered deck.
• Approx. ½ the easterly sloping land is in pasture; well fenced & watered for stock or horses.
• The balance is in Primeval QEII covenanted forest containing huge Kauri & rare Kaka, native bats & Hochstetter frogs.
Despite the seeming remoteness, it's only approx. 7km to either picturesque Leigh or world-famous Goat Island Marine reserve & Matakana with its farmer's market, wineries & cafes is just approx. 20 minutes away.
This is a spectacular property; call Angela now to view.
Leigh is an outstanding little community, located in one of the most visually spectacular places to live in NZ; it's a laid-back, family-friendly village that is currently experiencing a renaissance of business and community activities. If you would like to know more, please visit http://www.leighbythesea.co.nz. For information on the vineyards, markets & glorious beaches of the wider Matakana Coast region, please visit http://www.matakanacoast.co.nz.